Monterey One Water operates under a fiscal year budget cycle beginning July 1 and ending June 30. Budgets are established for its major areas of operation for regional wastewater conveyance and treatment, water reclamation for agriculture, and potable water reuse. Each budget is funded through different revenue sources, including:
- Sewer service charges to residents and businesses for regional wastewater conveyance and treatment
- Reimbursements from the Monterey County Water Resources Agency for water reclamation for agriculture
- Reimbursements from Monterey Peninsula Water Management District for water reclamation for potable water reuse for groundwater replenishment.
The tools below provide an overview of the Agency’s budget.
Budget in Brief
The Budget-in-Brief (PDF) provides a graphical overview of the Agency’s current budget. It presents the major sources of funding and how the funds are used for operating expenses and capital projects.
Budget Transparency Tool
The Budget Transparency Tool utilizes Excel to provide users with interactive views of the Agency’s budget and financial trends. Use the filters and action buttons to chart specific data by service and account or project type.
Download the Budget Transparency Tool for your device:
Microsoft Excel is required to utilize the Budget Transparency Tool. A free online version of Excel can be accessed on the Microsoft website. If you are interested in greater detail, you can view complete budgets, audited financial reports, and other financial information on our Financial Transparency pages.
Tips for Using the Budget Transparency Tool
- Opening Files: When the file opens, if you see an “Enable Editing” prompt, click on it to activate the filters and action buttons
- Desktop Version: Use the “Fit to Screen” action button to adjust the view to the size of your screen
- Tablet or Portable Version: Use the zoom in/out commands in Excel to adjust the view of the template
- Tabs: Use the tabs on the spreadsheets to switch between expenses, revenues, and projects